Monday, June 21, 2010

is facebook rocking?

No more ranting about a city few people have anything to deal with. No more blog posts copiously spiced with IIT to make the write up bland. For that matter, no more convoluted articles with rich vocabulary to hide the poverty of my ideas. No more depressive talk too. Let us get talking. Let us talk about Facebook.
I joined Facebook a year ago, and literally have not looked back since then. From the number of friends to the comments to everything else, everything has multiplied in leaps and bounds. I would like to believe my life is indeed richer. Decision making is just so easy. Put the doubt in my mind on the wall and friends from across the world will rack their brains to put up witty repartees and show me the way. Put a few pics and I have comments galore. I know I am not that pretty looking gal under whose pic there will be 51 comments, but certainly i can expect at least 5 comments. If nokia is connecting people, Facebook is connecting crowds. I am in touch with hordes and hordes of people, with that gal whom i had crush on when i was in class 12 who i know is headed off to Mumbai now, thanks to Facebook, or that friend of mine who i always grudge for making me at the butt end of endless scolding of the teacher, with whom only facebook brought me face to face. Thanks to Facebook, there r no rumours, there r only conviction, why, isn’t it only I who posted that i m in a relationship and it is complicated. After all, which relationship isn’t complicated, but who cares to think deeper , the writing is on the “wall”....but an essay writing spree recently made me introspect. No more my ideas are as clear they were before; i just have clear images of what Facebook thinks of my future. Neither do i know myself as well as i knew before, i just am more aware about what my friends think of me. May be in the quest to be connected i have lost touch with myself.Zukerburg! Nokia? Or anyone of my 100 facebook friends? Will anyone please help?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

very pleased to find genetical subtle touches-would love to see more such brush work