Wednesday, October 1, 2008

aaj ka arjun

Some time back…Rendezvous was on and it had crept into my sub consciousness too…however just as dreams are usually I was in a very elite company….there were arguably the three most illustrious persons of the century with me ….Albert Einstein was there at the entrance doing the frisking of the visitors in Pro Night….his bushy moustache and his glasses both looking quite out of their places…..next I saw Hawking…He was there in his chair…but he was playing the keyboard…his eyelids narrow but the face very grim…the lack of his usual cool caused a certain twitch…and there , I was among the crowd fiddling my buttons...occasionally glancing at the phone ….and then I walked upto the insti …only to find Jackson muttering formulae hysterically…..

The dong of my alarm clock awakened me...Oh! Again I was late for the 8 o clock class….but that entire day the dream was hovering in my mind...and more than once I was transported to my first 2 days in iit…
Just into the hallowed corridors called iit I was a bundle of nerves when the physically diminutive but having a bigger than life stature , the Dean was giving sermons on how iit is the place to have fun with axioms , principles ,curves( no pun intended) and not with toys…..
However the next day in our hot common room in hostel the warden emphasized on how 5 pointers make it to the top league flashing their extra curricular credentials….no wonder I was sure there was a conflict of thought in iit….the debate was on…
Cutting back to the present……..and perhaps quite suitably ..my bsp rep told me when I just accidentally dawdled into his room it was the theme of the next issue of CR……I spontaneously sat down with goose quills to pen down my usual so called arbitaaps…..
The first school of thought I feel just see the first part of the dream that I saw….definitely Einsteins and Hawkings are much more comfortable in the labs and extra curricular activities are a distraction…but if BRCA or BSA is completely shut wont we lose a Jackson or an Usain Bolt drowned in the formulae and unable to prove their real mettle….after all the various clubs are a great way to vent out the steam generated from the heavy workload here….and to be an aaj ka arjun..Is academic prowess just enough?

No comments: