Thursday, July 3, 2008

Changing Times

As a child I was born weak and fragile. Being the only child of my parents I was heavily pampered upon. All my demands were fulfilled steadily and surely. As man grows up and sees the world in his own eyes he develops fantasies .In the age of 6 I was bitten by the video game bug.

Considering the exorbitant prices that they sported during the 90s they were truly and expensive buy. However I was extremely bent upon their purchase. But I too displayed a shocking but realistic trait of humans and they were soon forgotten.

The onset of the 21st century marked the entry of the Chinese dragon into the market and Video Games soon became affordable. The idea of buying one resurfaced in my mind and with a lot of pestering I succeeded in owning one. It soon became cynosure of attraction among my friends who envied my position. I felt joyous and elated. However as it is life is a full circle and every dream has its end. The plummeting of marks meant full stop to Video Games.
With the passage of time they have lost the charm and are now gathering dust. When I ponder I realize change is the only permanent thing in the world.

No comments: